Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

When one door closes...

Myself, Matt & Mollie we're originally scheduled to go to Alabama this past weekend for the first time since Mollie was born! When those plans quickly changed last week, I was left sad & wondering why I was not able to go down there, see my best friend's new baby, introduce Mollie to many new friends and see family. When it was a done deal that we weren't going, I had to stay positive & have faith it was for a reason. Now was just not the right time.

In Mollie's almost 9 months of life, she hasn't once had a fever or been sick...until this past weekend. I feel so blessed that overall Mollie is a healthy little girl and I knew sooner or later some germs would start to enter our family. She had a high temps (103.5 at it's highest), almost total loss of appetite, trouble sleeping and some inconsolable crying. None of that is the Mollie we know & love!!! 3 days & nights of this and seeing your sweet baby suffer will just about define your feelings of unconditional love. I would have done ANYTHING to make her pain stop. It totally broke my heart and Matt was so worried about his little girl!! I took her to the doctor yesterday and it's a virus called Hand, Foot & Mouth disease. The name alone sounds horrible!! It's apparently spread by infected people and the kids putting things in their mouths, etc..Imagine that?!! M puts everything in her mouth. The doctor identified it by some spots on her feet & sores/spots in her mouth. He (and my online research) said  that some carriers or infected persons might not even know they have it, therefore unknowingly spreading it. Yikes. Just another reason to please, please have your children vaccinated! So, my week and next weekend will consist of disinfecting my house and all Mollie's things. What fun, right?! Again, I'd do ANYTHING to keep that girl of mine safe & healthy.

It hit me about mid-weekend that oh my gosh, what would've happened if we were in Alabama?! We planned to arrive there Thursday evening. How would we have functioned with a very sick little girl, plans with family, playing with new babies and not to mention the 10+ hour car ride to AND from!? We all have to stay optimistic that when one door closes, another one opens. While this might not always be apparent or come as quickly as you would've hoped, I like to think that the other door will open in it's own time & when the time is right.

**Today, Mollie seems much better. Thank you for your thoughts and well wishes! Her sitter JoJo told me earlier that she's eating close to normal and actually laughing some--now THAT is the Mollie we know & adore:)

No comments:

Post a Comment