Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, March 7, 2011

Teeth have arrived!

Mollie's two bottom teeth are both popping through!! At the SAME time!!!

M loves to chew on my thumb when I'm holding her & it keeps her from chewing on my necklace or other piece of jewelry that entices her that given day. Friday after work when she did it I could feel a little something on the bottom gum! Just 3 short days later and TA-DA! 2 bottom teeth have really begun to make their appearance:) Sooooo cute!

Teething is one of those catch-all excuses, I've come to realize--'Oh you had a bad night, she must be teething' or 'She puts everything in her mouth? She's definitely teething.' I find that so funny. Yes, maybe she has been teething for a while, but I don't think so. ALL babies put things in their mouths! ALL babies drool. And yes, hate to say it, ALL babies have some bad nights here & there.

Of all the baby milestones, I'm not quite sure why I'm overjoyed with emotion in seeing the beginning of her pearly-whites. I guess they're a clear indicator that she's really growing up. She's been having some rough nights the past week+ and guess now we can really trace it back to teething. She would wake a few times in the night & sometimes I would have to pick her up, settle her back down, give her paci and then she'd be ready for sleep again. Some nights required a little baby Tylenol! Poor thing needed some cheese with that whine;)

Last night I went into her room about 1:30am and as I came back to bed I told Matt, as hard as it is to have poor sleep and be woken up by a baby in the night, I'm SUCH a sucker for a snuggle. There really is hardly anything like that sweet child snuggled up to you, rubbing cheeks, & hearing her take those soft breaths, knowing she is comforted by your touch & love. No matter the time of day, I always try and enjoy that time we share together. Yep, it might make us a little sleep deprived, but who cares (and we've learned to deal!)--I'm just embracing these baby moments while we still have them.

Yippee for those first two teeth--congrats Mollie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment