Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Day of Quotes

For some reason, today has been a day of excellent quotes -- I wanted to share them, along with some thoughts. Feel free to share your thoughts with me as well!
"In spite of the six thousand manuals on child raising in the bookstores, child raising is still a dark continent and no one really knows anything. You just need a lot of love and luck- and, of course, courage." -Bill Cosby
Before you become a mom & even after you are a mom, books that will hopefully tell you all that you need to know, are referenced time & time again. I will say that from each book I've read, I feel that I have learned something, but as my friend reminded me on Facebook this morning,  most child care books are a 'one size fits all' and that is NOT the case for babies!

“Though I might travel afar, I will meet only what I carry with me, for every man is a mirror. We see only ourselves reflected in those around us. Their attitudes and actions are only a reflection of our own. The whole world and its condition has its counter parts within us all. Turn the gaze inward. Correct yourself and your world will change.” -Kirsten Zambucka

 I've always been aware that the company you keep IS a reflection of who you are or who you want to become. The people you associate yourself with do seem to speak volumes.  As a younger girl, I sure didn't take this to heart--I liked to think that "just because so & so is my friend but makes bad choices, doesn't mean I will." This situation was not the norm for me thank goodness, but I was naive to think that smart people don't judge. Well, we ALL do and the older I get the more I think about friendships, who I want to be associated with & what I want to become. I want to hang around positive people who also inspire me to do more & be a better person/mom!
Thank God for what you have and trust him for what you need.
Amen! I'm sure who this actual quote is from, but my friend Nicole had it as her facebook status. This is SOOO true and an awesome daily reminder, actually. Thank you for this, Nicole.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, friends!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment