Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Random Thoughts

Random thoughts and current happenings...Enjoy:)
  • I am feeling the pain of moms due in August or September- how do you survive in the South??!! It's not even 90 degrees yet and I was dripping sweat INSIDE my office today. Yuck.
  •  I am laying down with my feet up for the first time today and it feels amazing.
  • This is because my toes are feeling like lil' smokies...lovely. At least my ankles still have their shape.
  • I love that Matt is reading up on his 'Cooking for Baby' book each night, although we wont use that info and recipes for maybe another 6 months:)
  • Who knew finding a video monitor would provide so many options/confusion?. We got one that can scan/pan the room, too- looks very high tech and know it will be our lifeline for a years to come!
  • Mollie is trying to squirm around in my belly, but realizing she really doesn't have much room to do so..and it's starting to become a bit painful. I see elbows and knees trying to push their way out, haha!
  • My parents are officially our across the street neighbors and I am loving it. I know it will only get better. They are soooo excited to meet Mollie and be a part of her life!
  • I am wishing we could go to the Farmer's Market this/next Saturday, but don't feel like dealing with the Spoleto folks (or as Sadie calls them, the 'Spoletians')- Guess well just have a yard sale instead!
  • Moll's room quite possibly could be the cutest thing ever..I will post pics once it's totally done. It's so personal and just precious, really.
  • Thankful to have amazing people in my life who encourage me to sometimes get out of my routine or comfort zone. I know Mollie will soon become the definition of this!
  • Matt is obsessed with our veggie garden. When he waters each of the plants he is convinced each has visually grown some that day. Love it! We've already gotten some tomatoes, bell peppers and jalapenos in addition to the usual herbs. Now waiting on production from our squash, zucchini and our fruit trees!
  • Our Dr appt next week is when we begin getting measured for dilation- so exciting! Apparently Mollie's been head down for quite some time now, so that's great news and Dr did say last time she's dropped a bit, which is also on track and good! Still cannot believe how close we are..
  • Matt is now reading his 'The Everything Father-to-Be Book.' So sweet...told him he better hustle as he got a late start on it:) haha!
  • This little girl has the hiccups A LOT! It's so funny.
  • I am becoming fearful of my water breaking in a public place..how horrible will it be if I am in Target?! Um, cleanup on aisle 3..Not to mention me standing in line somewhere with a cart full of stuff and trying to check out with all my coupons. Won't that just be lovely?! Sheesh.
  • Pretty certain I will survive these last few weeks on my current stash of O'Douls Amber N/A Beer. If you have/want to drink N/A & have not tried this you are missing out. VERY close to Yuengling.
  • I have such a nice handful of current preg and new mom friends that I cannot wait to share this journey with. Maybe we can have some nice early am/late pm summertime walks together!
  • My bras are beginning not to fit. Think it's a combo of a few things, but can safely say that is NOT delightful. Pretty soon I'll be in the oh so pretty nursing bras and all will be right with the world again.
  • Matt has a menu made for the 4th of July family festivities. Mind you, that is 8 DAYS after Mollie's due date. Hmm wonder what kind of shape we'll all be in and what will actually take place?? I hope we are all fine, as the food choices look delish, as do the homemade margs!!! Maybe that will be a good reason for me to get out of pj's:)
  • Packed the hospital bag..my dilemma is what do I wear during labor? I really don't want to sport that hospital gown, but what else would I wear/ruin? I know I am bringing too many clothing options and at that time probably will give a hoot less!!
  • Hard to believe the countdown is on..How did 36 weeks fly by in the blink of an eye-we cannot WAIT to meet this sweetie!!!
  • Post from Matt should be coming soon-think he is still gathering his thoughts:) More to come...

2 comments:

  1. Leigh Ann,
    Its been a while but just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog as I was a new mom to be an am a new mom now! You have a great way of writing out so much of what goes on in our heads. My little boy's 2 month birthday is today - time flies!
    I think if I lived in Charleston or you in Auburn we would get along wonderfully. I love that you are going to make Mollie's food - Im going to a class about it in a few weeks and am really excited.
    As for the hospital gown delimia, I wore a hospital grade gown for delivery and then really cute pajamas the rest of the time to even things out. Just a suggestion.
    You are such a fun preggo! Enjoy these next few weeks and get ready for a wonderful ride!
    Virginia (Akers) Christian

    p.s. my hub does business up in Charleston several times a yr and as soon as John (our babe) is a little bigger we are going to come with him - future playdate??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Katie just informed me you have a blog. I am so excited to read it and catch up!

    ReplyDelete