Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Excitement builds!

Our (hopefully last!) Doc appt went well today and Mollie and I both seem to be doing great:) Stats good and her little heartbeat is good and fast, as usual. We played around with her a bit and identified all her limbs and where they were located as she squirmed around as much as she could being so cramped in there! It's so funny to be able to identify body parts and limbs & imagine what that bump that just poked through is, but it's different when the doctor holds her head b/t her thumb and pointer finger on my belly and says, 'we'll here is her head, still nice and far down.' So cool. And then I think, wait...I have to get that sweet little head out of me:) And very soon..Oy.

This appt was also the morning after I woke up in the middle of the night with this terrible pinch in my back. I had to get up and walk around and eventually was hunched over on the sofa! I asked the dr and she said that middle-higher part of my back is part of the urinary tract and Mollie must have been pushed up against it and it was pinching me of sorts. Eeeks- don't want to feel that again!

Pretty sure some nerves have set in a bit that this little girl is coming soon:) Real soon!! Nerves in a good way though, it's not a real typical nervous feeling, however. It's all a bit intriguing, sort of knowing what is coming (That we will deliver a baby soon) but at the same time having NO CLUE (how we will do so and then what). One thing that is not to be debated over is how much we already LOVE her and are just anxious to finally meet her and make her part of our family! I think Matt and I are both in that boat of mixed emotions, good thing I'll have mom there to coach me and show us the ropes once we get home, too!

I've read most of the baby books on my bedside table, packed our hospital bags and car seat is installed in Matt's car.. I know some things can wait, but those are the things I CAN do in advance and necessary (i.e have control over); whereas Mollie's arrival, not so much! We are 4 days and counting til her estimated due date..Soooooo hard to believe it's late June already! They say a lot of first babies are late, so we'll see. However, it is a full-moon on Saturday AND if she is anything like her momma, she will come right on time:) If not.....we wait.

1 comment:

  1. This was so cute! I got chills! She will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete