Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mommy & Mollie Day!

Yesterday was a rare treat. The day was just for Mollie & me! I woke up to find a text message from Mollie's sitter that she had injured her back & needed the day off to rest. My mind began to race, as I realized I didn't have my work laptop with me, nor my day planner--so what was on my work agenda that I needed to take care of?

I let Molls take her AM nap (which was very short- she must have known it was a vacation day for her) and then we headed downtown to my office to grab my stuff. Mollie took it upon herself to get a little work done while she was at the office, too. She's a working girl already!
'Workin' 9-5'
We then ventured to Matt's office to say hello to them. They hadn't seen her since October probably! She was tired by that point with a nothing of a morning nap, so then we headed home. Of course on the way, she crashed out. When we got to the house I couldn't bring myself to wake her, so I just worked in the car on my laptop, while she slept in her car seat. Oh, the things moms will do to be efficient, given any situation.

The weather was outstanding, so really we spent a large part of it outside on the patio. Gotta love a laptop with WiFi & some outdoor play toys!!!






Trying out our new toy!
 I always welcome the reminder to enjoy the little things..I can't tell you the last day I had, just me & Mollie. At first I was flustered with my day being rearranged & then a smile quickly came to my face. A day with my daughter that otherwise would not have happened for a while. Even weekends, Matt & I spend a ton of time playing with her, but I've also worked or volunteered for something almost every Saturday recently it feels like, so I haven't been around much. Then add in house cleaning, doing laundry and the list goes on.
That Tuesday with me home, the house cleaning could wait. The laundry could be done after she went to bed for the night. I wanted the day to be about me & Mollie for once--and a GREAT time we had!!

No comments:

Post a Comment