Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Sunday, February 20, 2011

And the first word is...

DA-DA!! I knew she'd be a daddy's girl from day 1...now she's wrapped around Matt's finger even more! I love it!!!
On Saturday morning, I heard the first Da-da after she woke up & we were playing. I  couldn't wait to tell Matt, as he was in the shower & was soooo hoping she'd say it again on the spot--haha, yeah right.

My mom & dad (Mimi & Pops) graciously gave us a night solo as our Valentine's gift, so we took them up on it Saturday evening. Matt and I wisked away to Savannah for the night. Such fun!! The temps were in the 70's and we couldn't wait to be outside all day, walking around, eating and spending some QT with one another. (Although we missed little peanut a ton!)
We just had to be tourists & eat lunch at Lady & Sons!  
Great sport--put up with my 'antiquing' and even carried my purchases! 
M wasn't too far..a GIANT Sophie!!
Sunday morning we woke up & I called mom to check in on how Molls was during the night. She says that Mollie woke up about 4am & she needed to go put paci back in...but when mom walked in, Mollie made eye contact with her and M said 'Da-Da!' loud and clear!! Ahhhhh! It's here to stay:)

Fast forward to Sunday evening & I'm getting Mollie's bathtub ready, Matt is getting her undressed in her room. She was in a full-on babble run so I told Matt to get ready, Da-Da will come! Sure enough...not even a few minutes later, there it was. He had heard his daughter say 'Da-Da' for the first time!! Talk about melt your heart. He was smitten even more:) Then I'm feeding her just before bed & she stops, looks up at me, smiles and says Da-Da-Da-Da-Da. Melted my heart. The love of my life is talking about the other love of my life!!

Almost 7.5 months now, she is taking major learning leaps all the time! I swear her abilities have been in overdrive the past few weeks. As I sit here now, I'm astounded that my baby Mollie has said her first word. Ok, she might not exactly know who/what Da-Da is or means, but she very shortly will. This is just the beginning:)

No comments:

Post a Comment