Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Milk Factory!

 In honor of 'World Breastfeeding Week' I figured there is no better topic- After all, it's ALLL I have felt like I do these days!! And I am counting down the days until my next Breastfeeding Moms group at the Hospital. Is that what my life has come to?! Haha, I'll take it:)

As an earlier post said, there is much to be left out of discussion with new moms and breastfeeding is one of them. I have loved (almost) every minute of breastfeeding and the time Mollie and I share together, but boy oh boy, it is HARD WORK! The concept seems simple enough; You naturally produce milk and your baby naturally needs to eat. Now..what can be so hard about that? Where do I begin. Now don't get me wrong, I am a full on supporter of breastfeeding, the benefits both mom & baby reap, the bonding that takes place and so on. All potential nursers need to prepare for the mental, emotional and physically challenges that come along with it. Matt is a great help before baby and now still, which I am totally grateful for. Breastfeeding is just one major thing that only you can do- daytime and middle of the night- no one can help you with that, but you know what, they can help with other things! Laundry, dishes, cleaning the house, grocery shopping, etc. Know how to delegate!!

A couple of days ago I broke down, as I could not even figure out a schedule to get out of the house & run to the store, as I had recently fed Mollie, she dozed off, but knew I would need to feed again soon- very soon. I felt like all I did was feed her..and have my moments of still feeling so. I felt so bad for even complaining, as this is a very healthy and loving child, but at that moment I needed a break and not feel attached to her every 2 hours for nursing! It is challenging, there is no doubt about that. Just another reason why we can all lean on each other and support another breastfeeding mother. It's so time consuming and draining, but well worth it!

I've dreaded using my pump, as I seriously would just stare at it, but now that I have tried it out a couple of times, I am in love. I still prefer nursing her, but working on building a little stash of milk for us to try and introduce a bottle to her in a week or so. The Garrett Household will soon become The Garrett Milk Factory I do believe,once I really start my deep freezer milk stash to go back to work! Hard to believe she is already 4 weeks today!!! Ahhh, but still my tiny little munchkin:)
                                                               Our Sweet Lil' Bunny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment