Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, July 26, 2010

Signs of a New Mom

There have been some moments where I am catching myself saying and doing (or not doing) things that totally make me laugh and realize that yep..I am SUCH a new mom!

Mollie's first Ped appt was 2 days after she was born (1 day after we left the hospital) and it was at 9:30am. I still honestly do not really remember much about going other than the the fact that Mom and I drove Matt's car because it had the car seat in it. I am pretty impressed that I got myself dressed, make up on (I think), Mollie ready and ON TIME!! We arrived there and Molls was fussy, although had just eaten, she did not want her paci and glad mom was there as she checked her diaper and yep, total blowout- and that was prior to my milk coming in so it was a good and dirty diaper! Mom said 'Leigh Ann, grab your diaper bag.' I think my answer was 'What?' I mean...how long ago did I pack and have that diaper bag ready to go and then when our daughter is actually born and I need the darn thing, I leave it at home?!?! Mom and I both laughed and figured hey, at least we're in a place that will have diapers & wipes. So that's the first public blowout experience- not too delightful, but I will say it was funny after all the preparation I had done, only to NOT be prepared!

My good friend and neighbor Nicole had a little girl May 2 so she and I have had a great time sharing pregnancy stories/tips and now newborn stories/tips! Since her daughter Lauren is a couple months ahead of Mollie, she has been a GREAT help to me. The other day I was asking her about pumping as she is scheduled to go back to work next week & I knew she had a full-on milk factory going over there...they even bought a chest freezer from Costco. Friends after my own heart for sure! She offered to show me how to use my pump (or at least explain the parts!) so I offered to fix us lunch and walk over. I told her I'd be about 5-10 mins and in reality I think I took about 25 mins. Oops. Guess I'll learn soon that all things take longer with a child! So after I get myself and Mollie ready, I walk out of the door and over to her house. As I ring the doorbell I realize my appearance and giggle out loud with amusement; I am carrying a sack lunch consisting of turkey sandwiches, caffeine-free sodas & 2 portioned out ziplocs with Wheat Thins, then I am carrying a car seat with this tiny, precious baby in it and best of all, this cheesy backpack thing that is my breast pump..I seriously must have looked hysterical. The backpack breast pump was enough to top me over the edge in the 'new mom' category. Confession: I am not really looking forward to the day when that device has to travel everywhere with me!

This morning, Mollie & I attended a Breastfeeding Support Group at the hospital where we delivered. I know, the name doesn't sound too enticing and a little 'earthy'- that's what I thought in the beginning, but was SOOOOO pleasantly surprised. I met the nicest group of about 12 moms, with babies all ranging from 2 weeks-6 months. We sat there sharing stories & worries with each other regarding baby sleeping, eating, going back to work, etc for almost 2 hours! It was awesome to have a group like that and just talk, no real agenda. I didn't think it would be the case, but I cannot wait for the next one in 2 weeks:) Did I really just say that?! Ha. *If any breastfeeding mom wants to join me next time, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. haha!! we have all been there. I promise you will be a pro in no time! thanks for sharing your great stories! you will love looking back and reading these one day!

    ReplyDelete