Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sweet Mollie is here!

Ok, so yeah, I am just getting around to my first blog post since Mollie's birth 8 days ago! Whew...where do I begin??!!
We are so overjoyed to have this precious child in our lives and it's still a tad on the surreal side. One minute I am so anxious to meet her and then the next minute there is she is my arms! Just truly a miracle of God, no other way to explain it.

I was so nervous about being induced and feeling like we were 'forcing' her into this world, but it was probably the best thing we could have done. I went in at 3cm dilated and 80% effaced, which I know made a huge impact on my easy labor/delivery. We arrived at the hospital Tuesday, July 6 at 6:30 am- they hooked me up to my pitocin to start true labor and it immediately went into effect. I should say that I went into this process with no plan as far as pain meds go..I had no clue what labor would feel like and figured I would just play the epidural by ear. The nurses also informed me that 3 planned c-sections were also that AM and that would tie up the anesthesiologist for 1 hr each & if I were planning to have some meds I needed to consider that it may take a while. Eeks. So, labor REALLY kicked in and it didn't take me long to feel horrible back labor and decide yep, bring on the epidural- who in the world can endure natural labor (back, nonetheless) and NOT have meds. SHEESH. Not for me...I remember saying like 'Am I really calling for an epi and it's 8:50am?'  Well, glad I did, as it arrived about another 45 minutes later. 44 minutes later than I had hoped:) But after that, the nurse checked my dilation and she gave me a high-five and was said 'Holy cow, you're at 8cm- we're almost ready to push!' So freakin' weird..I was prepared to be in that room for 10-12 hrs as of course I have read & heard about alllll these stories from people- Note: don't pay attention to anyone else's labor/delivery experience..you cannot control what your body or baby wants to do, so just be knowledgeable about options, but don't think you can plan any of this!!
After 2hrs and 3 mins of labor, Mollie Bess Garrett arrived at 10:42 AM!! Matt and I both cried as it was truly touching and really, sooooo fast!! We stayed in the hospital that day and night and left mid-day that next day. We were ready to get home:)

We are now home and getting adjusted to our new 'normal' life with Miss Mollie. She is a true sweetheart..I swear she is already smiling! Other than the trials and tribulations of breastfeeding and not getting our regular sleep hours, life could not be better!! Matt and I are so blessed to have this little girl as a part of our lives forever now and it's hard to believe that she is already 8 days old. And on the other hand, I am like has it really only been 8 days?! Some times/days have been very hard I won't lie, but I have some incredible mom friends (and my mom!) who have been an awesome support system and have answered all my random questions. Thank you ladies!!! ;) I look forward to one day passing on this new found knowledge to my other girlfriends yet to experience this crazy time. What an amazing crazy time, really. And even when some times have gotten tough I am reminded that each day gets better..and to enjoy it while it lasts! Ha, sleep or not sleep, feeling like a feeding machine or not, it all has been wonderful and I am privileged to call myself Mollie's mother.

1 comment: