Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Is there true balance?

Mollie has reached her 5 week mark and it's hard to believe. Each day brings a smile to my face for a new reason. She is just a true blessing to us and hard to imagine our lives and home without her in it.

I took the first 2 weeks after her birth as vacation time from work and then shortly after that, had to get back into the groove of things. I have really found it difficult some days to even get makeup on my face or clothes on my body, much less feel like I am doing my best with my work responsibilities! Luckily, I have great flexibility and really don't have a ton to do, just keeping up with Fall events/programs we're doing and emails..oh the emails.

My plan is to be back in the office 2 days a week in September and then back in the office full-time come October. I can already tell this will be very hard..but in a bittersweet way. While I LOVE being with Mollie all day, every day, I don't feel like I've mastered the art of motherhood yet- part of me is ready to get back into the office where things are not so 'random' and where I know what I'm doing! Even after just 5 weeks here, I have a whole new respect for stay at home moms. It's hard work!! I cannot even imagine it with an infant AND other kids at home, wheeeww!

It'll be interesting to see how balance will come into play for both myself and Matt working and Mollie having daytime care that's not us! I can already feel the tears welling up when I have to leave Mollie for the first day. Each day with her makes me love her that much more. I do look forward to Mollie growing up with a working mom & at the same time, Mollie will always know she is our top priority. Matt and I will do anything for her and I think all working parents have to find a routine that works best for them. We'll work during the day, come home in the evening, eat dinner as a family, play together and maybe Matt & I will even squeeze in some adult conversation with each other:) Is that routine too much to ask? We will see come Sept/Oct.

I will do my best to always put Mollie and her needs first and at the same time I do have other responsibilities to factor in. At least I have a very helpful hubby who is great around the house, as well! I have also quickly realized, not that it ever was but, it's not about me anymore. I have someone (a tiny someone!) who I want to do everything for. Now, that does not mean I wont take care of myself nor will I treat myself to something every now and again, but that's where balance comes in. I know more posts will come on this when the real world kicks back in...for now, it's just us in this little bubble and while the balance scale is totally tipped to side Mollie, I am savoring every moment and loving this time with just us!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and your husband! Mollie is a lucky baby!! You'll get the balance thing down, although (sorry to say) motherhood is one of those things that's a never-ending balancing act. It sounds like your right where you're supposed to be. :-) I completely respect your statement about how you and your husband will do anything for Mollie. I feel the same way about my girls. Being a mom is THE most important and rewarding "job" ever!

    ReplyDelete