Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hello Fall!

Molls is growing so fast it's almost unbelievable! We are blessed with one very happy baby I will say..She smiles a LOT and always if someone is talking to her and/or smiling at her (guess I can't capture on camera though!) She loooves to be a part of the action!! She is getting even better at holding her head up, loves to sit up & see what's happening. I swear the girl doesn't miss a beat. She will coo and talk so much, sometimes we hardly get a word in. It's just awesome to see that kind of development literally occur before your eyes.
I'm so in love with how she will follow Matt with her eyes and head alll the way around a room or when he's sitting next to us and gets up, she turns and looks like she's really about to talk and say "Dad, where you going?" It's so darn cute and melts him, I know.
Word up, sista
Last weekend we took Molls to the pumpkin sale at a local church, where our friends belong. Granted, I had about 3 cute outfits for her to get different photos in, but we ended up with just this one due to sleepiness...and also got called 'handsome.' Shucks..guess it's back to the pink & purple for this one!! Haha!
Two buds
My little pumpkin!!

Almost 2 weeks ago we also got the first real laugh!! It was everything and more, that I'd been waiting on. Just the sweetest chuckle ever. And of course, once you hear it, you want it all the time--but she only indulges me sometimes, though we're on a pattern of at least once a day! A friend and I were talking the other day about all these baby milestones & how they have so many accomplishments this first year. I'm not really one to take the time to scrapbook, although I do enjoy crafts, and honestly don't even have a baby book for Mollie! I have gathered some pictures and at least will write on the back her age, etc. But I also figured, I'm not doing a baby book because I have this blog! I can't wait to share with her all those old entries of Matt & I first knowing about her existence, her growing in my tummy and even more importantly, how much we LOVE having her with us and how much fun we are having! Each day brings a new smile to our face and we anticipate getting to see her each morning. Even this am, I brought her into our bedroom to say hey to Matt...although he would've seen her in just a few more minutes, I just couldn't wait:)

Matt and I did have our first dinner date sans Mollie last week. Mom & Dad were in town so they watched her for a couple hours.
Mimi, Pops & Mollie
It was lovely, but we were anxious to get back to see her before she went to bed!! I do remember the times before Matt & I had Mollie, there's no lying and saying I don't, haha!, but in all honesty, I'm not sure either of us smiled or laughed on a daily basis as much as we do now. Guess that's what parenting is supposed to be. Building joy upon joy. I'm pretty certain there's more joy now than we ever expected..and I hear it only gets better!
Family pic..complete with spit up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment