Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

She's growing!

Yesterday we had Mollie's 2 month vaccine Pediatrician appt. I will honestly say that I had no clue what to expect nor how she would react. I was dreading the shots! I've only heard one pain cry from her and it was the other night, when my ring either scrached her neck or she got a scratch elsewhere & I just rubbed it. Either way, I knew that was a pain cry. When I heard it, I just snuggled her real hard and hoped it would go away ASAP whatever it was! I knew we'd hear it again with the shots. She did GREAT! Was snoozing in my arms at the time they were ready to do them, so I woke her a bit, had to lay her down, the sweet nurse was quick and she cried a few good wails, but that was it! Then I scooped her back up, snuggled with her & rocked and presto, back asleep...for almost 3 hrs!!! She fell asleep in her carseat and I even ate lunch in my car, in the driveway so I would not disturb her!
Check out my boo-boo's :(
I actually ADORE our Dr, so it's been nice to go to him and he really spends time talking with the patients about what baby is doing, how the family is doing, milestones, what we need to look ahead at doing/not doing, etc. It's wonderful to have him as an important resource and he's been helpful from Day 1.

Also at this appt they do measurements and look at percentiles/averages. She is exactly 10 lbs!!! I knew she was close to that a couple weeks ago and Matt & I even thought she'd be a touch more, but nope -10 even. That puts her in the 50% percentile, so exactly average--although I think she is waaayyy better than average:) Big improvement as at 2 weeks, her weight was in the 10% bracket. She is now 22 1/2 inches in length, putting her in the 80% bracket. Where is she getting this height?! Not me or Matt, haha, must be my side as the rest of my family is pretty tall. I knew she might be lengthier than usual, as some 0-3 month outfits are so wide on her, but pull a bit in the length. Go girl, get you some height!!
Gah, I'm so big!
I don't know if it was the vaccines or not, I am hoping not, but she had an awesome night's sleep last night. We currently have a consistent bedtime routine, just not really consistent bedtime. We made the effort to put her down earlier than usual last night, when showing tired signs and she went to sleep without even a wimper! Woke up at 12:45 and I needed to pick her up, pat her back & put her back down. She didn't wake again until 4:30am!! She ate pretty well & then back down (which she is always good about, thank God). I went in there this am at 6:45 to start our day!! She was stirring, but not totally up. Had the BIGGEST grin on her face too!! Guess that's what happens when we get a good night's sleep, huh?! Yay, hope we're on to something, I've known she needed more nighttime sleep hours, um as do Matt & I. Day sleep issues will be next:)

No comments:

Post a Comment