Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mollie's Hometown

Being raised in a fairly small, close-nit community and very locally oriented has for sure helped define who I am...even as an adult now it still, & will always, define me to a large extent. There is NO place like home for me. Fairhope, AL is one the best and most beautiful places I have ever been and know that I am blessed to have grown up there.


When I moved to Charleston, SC in 1999 for college, never in a million years did I imagine where this place would take me. That I would fall madly in love with a magical city that has something to offer everyone. That I would meet my future husband, have an amazing wedding, that I would buy my first home and the craziest yet seems to be that we will raise our daughter here. Charleston will be her hometown.

 As I looked at one of my childhood friend's pictures on Facebook earlier, I saw that her two daughter's recently had their dance recital that the two of us had every year for many years- Mollie (as of this point) will never take dance lessons in the same place that I, her mom, did. Not that that is a bad thing, just different and a bit surreal that she will not have the same childhood memories that I did. I was raised on the water (literally) and me, mom and dad would go fishing off our pier all the time..as a little girl I supposedly could out throw anyone with a casting net:) I was barefoot more often than I had on shoes.

This makes me wonder what Mollie's memories will be..Will she grow up looking back on Saturday's at the downtown Charleston Farmer's Market? Will she appreciate all of the history and architecture this Holy City has to offer? Whatever her memories will be, we'll be sure to make plenty of them!

For the rest of her life, she will be asked 'Where were you born?' or 'What is your hometown?' I look forward to talking to her about mine and Matt's adventures here in this wonderful city, how we came to meet each other and learn more about ourselves in a new location. I love Charleston dearly and will be proud to call this Mollie's hometown, as I know she will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment