Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, April 19, 2010

Surreal Moments

I wish I could write this blog daily..but sometimes life gets in the way! I have all these post ideas and 'lightbulb moments' that come to me, but really, no time to write them! I will try to be better.

This past week I was involved with the Family Circle Cup Tennis Tournament here in Charleston for the 5th year in a row. The Center for Women is the chosen charity, so we must have a presence there for all 8 days and in addition, we do two wonderful events out there. One was Tuesday night and one was Thursday day. ALSO, Matt and I have a friend/colleague who runs all of the food & beverage out there for the tournament and other concerts, so of course we both love to work for her when we can, so that came a few nights this week, too. Whew.
We ALSO had our great friend's wedding in Charlotte this past weekend, congrats Lawson & Katie for such a fun and beautiful day! These pregnancy hormones sure did get the best of me multiple times!! Not to mention we have my dear friend Brant's wedding this upcoming weekend in Alabama! 'Tis the season and we cannot wait:)

It is so amazing to meet up with people that you have not seen in a while for such a joyous occasion as a wedding and at the same time actually SEE the love they have for our unborn daughter already. It was too surreal at moments to see this little flower girl toddle down the church aisle and realize that when my sister's get married, that will be Mollie! It was even more surreal to see sweet Katie dance with her dad and think about Matt one day giving Mollie away to her husband..I am literally tearing up as I write this! Ok, preg hormones, cut me a little slack please!!!

As I realize that we only have less than 10 weeks left before our due date, my mind wanders in all different directions. I am overwhelmed at times with excitement of meeting this little person inside of me and can hardly stand the suspense of seeing her for the first time and figuring out her personality, who she resembles, etc.

Matt and I go home this upcoming weekend to be with some of my most favorite people in the whole world and some of the BEST friends anyone could ask for. A wedding and a baby shower, not much more we can ask for. Alabama friends and family...here we 3 come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment