Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, April 5, 2010

Milk Factory

This past Saturday marked Week 28..3rd Trimester- WOOHOO!! It's so hard to believe that much time has already gone by and now we have less than 12 weeks before Mollie's due date.

During all those weeks that have passed, I've read and are still reading, some baby books, subscribed to a number of baby/parenting magazines and attended a baby preparedness class, with two others to come. There seems to be SO very much to do and learn before this little one is born and at the same time you (or I!) feel that I cannot do enough before she comes.

Tonight was our 'Breastfeeding' class at the hospital & Matt and I had a few good laughs and nervous eye exchanges, that's for sure. He was a great sport & came along to keep me company and learn more. Glad I had him there to make funny tv show references (i.e. The Office) or that hard chair and powerpoint could have gotten really old! I cannot even begin to express how overwhelming the breastfeeding info seems to be. I mean, according to my 'Babywise' book -which is FABU as a side note and recommended by many friends, and then this class, I will breastfeed every 2-3 hours during each 24 hr period, for about 30 minutes each time. Is it just me or does that math not factor in any time for the mom (ME) to sleep?! Will this baby constantly eat and me constantly feed?! Ha, a milk factory may be my sole purpose in the beginning and I am willing to accept that:)

We want to breastfeed for sure and I will definitely put the time and effort needed into it. That's a commitment I  will make and will need support and encouragement to keep it. YAY mom for being in town for a bit after Mollie comes!! As she said, 'we'll take it one day at a time and get through it- it's well worth every bit of it!' Luckily she has had us 3 girls and breastfed with each, so knows the drill...as for Matt and I, we are in the total dark over here. But willing to learn and excited about the process:)

1 comment:

  1. You definitely feel like a milk factory in the beginning, but you and Mollie will get a routine down and it will be easy peasy!

    Sara C

    ReplyDelete