Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm a Farmer's Market, apparently

"Baby's now the size of a sweet potato!" I open up my email this weekend as we reach 18 weeks, to see my little one described as a sweet pototo..I just love it! When Matt and I first found out we were expecting, I of course, went online, read all I could about prenatal care and signed up for numerous email newsletters. One of which tells me weekly what our baby is doing inside my belly, with growth, movement, etc and more importantly, what fruit or vegetable it resembles.

With Matt being such a foodie, this has become his favorite thing to hear. 'What fruit or vegetable are we this week?' We started off as a 'sesame seed.' Wow, that is teeny tiny. We have gone through kidney bean, plum, medium shrimp (that one was so funny!), lemon, apple and now onto the bigger veggies. Although the size is accurate I guess the weight, however, is not. This baby does not (yet) weigh what a sweet pototo does! Whew, but I know it will in due time.

It's so hard to believe or imagine that a human being that size is even growing inside of me. Around 16 or 17 weeks, I felt 'fluttering' and it honestly felt just as it sounds..Little butterfly wings tickling my insides:) Now, I am starting to feel more pronounced thumps, if you will. I am super excited to be able to distinguise a real kick, but at least I know something is happening in there:) Keep on, keepin on Lil G!!

No comments:

Post a Comment