Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Big 0-1

A few days ago, as the big 0-1 was approaching fast, I found myself emotional & super sentimental. I'm sure it's that bittersweet moment of your baby becoming a toddler that does it to you, but I didn't expect to feel as I did. It was a combo of baby fever and pure excitement to watch this child develop before my eyes!!
My heart doubled in size on July 6, 2010
One of my most favorite moments of all my days is when I put Mollie to bed at night. It's a special time I can share with her, as we (I) talk about our day a little bit, read a book and it's pretty much the only time she stays still long enough to let me cuddle with her!! This past week holding M, I reminisced looking up at her newborn portrait on the wall and trying to think back when she was that tiny--how was that JUST a year ago, but then has it already been a year?! What a whirlwind and AMAZING year of tears, laughs & more laughs! I think we've had such FUN this past year, I can't wait to see what others bring.
My lil peanut!

I'm more than blown away by the love Matt & I both have for her--she is the true JOY of our lives and I feel that our marriage has grown even stronger & deeper sharing in Mollie together;) Matt is an awesome dad to say the least!!! Mollie just lights up when her 'da-da' is around and I have to say that Matt lights up even MORE when his Molls is around. Might be the sweetest thing ever to witness.

I'd always heard 'I'll do anything for my children' from a number of people, including my awesome mom and not that I didn't believe them, but at the same time kinda thought, 'well, I don't know about ANYTHING.' Boy was I wrong...Speaking for myself, I can honestly say that for the well-being or life of my child, I would give up everything for her. By that I mean, I'll live in my car if I have to. I'll live off canned food for the rest of my life if that means she'll have more. I would wear a paper bag & care less about what it looks like, if it means my daughter will be properly clothed. I would seriously jump in front of a train for her- And not think twice about doing it. I had no CLUE my love and devotion to her would go that deep--sheesh, am I in for a real treat;) I knew I wanted children & knowing Mollie it definitely makes me want more!

As my sentiment kicked in this past week, I decided to take the day off work today on M's birthday--I wanted to share this day that's ours together with one another. We had a GREAT time!! Walked this morning, she took a nice AM nap, ate a good lunch (girl never has a problem eating, haha!) then we headed downtown Charleston for the afternoon!! We spent almost a couple hours at the Children's Museum, which is just precious and Molls LOVED it!
 
We met some other nice moms & babies & Mollie discovered that she loves stairs! Thank GOD we don't have them in or house-she was a total pro. It was hysterical to watch as I had no clue!!
The pic is blurry b/c she is SUPER fast!!
We then met Matt for some frozen yogurt on King St, mmmm and by the time we got back to the car, she was BEAT! I knew the moment I put her in the car she'd crash--oh yeah she did!

We got home & cruised the neighborhood in 'her car.' Notice that my dad, aka 'Pops' decided to outfit her ride with some bumper stickers--nice! Next up, gifts!! Molls got a precious retro pink kitchen to compliment her already 'sophisticated palate' as Matt puts it and also gives her something to do while we're Matt's in there cooking, as she only wants to do what we're doing- so funny.
Let's roooollll!
Beep! Beep!!
M's kitchen--open for biz!
The 1st anniversary of her birth is ending....but the party is not!! Typical Szteiter/Garrett fashion, we're gunna drag this sucka out!! Looking forward to a fun party and capping the weekend off with professional family pics--perfect way to be with the ones we love the most, share in the time together & create new memories. We love you Mollie!!!! Happy 1st Birthday sweetheart!!!! You are my life. Thank you for being born to us.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate!!! This post made me cry. Happy FIRST Birthday Mollie! Aren't you so glad you decided to take the day off to spend with her ... It sounds like it was the most perfect, precious day. She is so blessed to have you as her mama!!! -Solange & E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kitchen! She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milestones with my kids wreck me. But then, they fill me with such joy. As they grow, they interact more and it warms your heart in a way you can't anticipate. It's sooooooo bittersweet. That newborn photo, and the one of you holding Mollie in the hospital brings me to tears. How I wish we could hold on to those moments forever! But then I see her sweet 1-year-old face and remember how fun it is to watch them grow. They are always our baby, no matter how old they are. (Now, I sound like my mom.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and mom and dad: YOU MADE IT! Tara Lynn

    ReplyDelete