Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, March 1, 2010

In between stages- week 23

I think I am at this awkward or in-between stage of pregnancy..I mean, no big belly yet, no obvious bun in the oven (to others) and I'm still wearing 'regular' clothes for the most part (other than my beloved maternity jeans), yet I am 23 weeks along. YIPPEEE! I am so grateful I have felt this good for the majority of this time.

Although I may not look 23 weeks (whatever that is supposed to mean) parts of my body sure do feel like it and I'm trying my hardest to take good care of it. I am having difficulty sitting on hard or non cushy surfaces for more than a few minutes, I still get up to use the restroom multiple times a night, which then gets our cats up and it's all a circle! (I still have to remind myself that I am growing another person inside of me..sometimes I feel so good, that I forget, until she starts kicking up a storm!) Walking and doing a little yoga has greatly helped, but this freezing weather has not let me get out as much as I would like. But, tis March, so warmer weather must be around the bend..

I have also felt even a little guilty at times for NOT being bigger..I know that may sound crazy and I am thankful I'm not bigger than I am, but some of the looks or remarks I have gotten from other women have thrown me for a bit of a loop at times. The comments like 'You don't LOOK pregnant' seriously drive me nuts. This is not said in a warm, sweet tone, but rather a little bitter. How in the world am I supposed to control that, one and two, yes, I AM pregnant, thank you. As we reach this more than half way point you (or at least I have been) feeling a little self-conscious about my body anyways and it's reconfiguration, so I would prefer that you say 'You are looking great, keep it up' or something like that..It's been really interesting to feel what I have felt and I would never have thought it bothered me, but when your body is going through ALL these changes, the last thing you want is someone to seem critical.

I will state that, for the record, most everyone is very sweet and as any woman knows, our bodies handle everything differently, pregnancy included. I will also state that I still have 17 weeks to go until full-term, so there is PLENTY of room (time) for me to grow and get this baby girl to a wonderful, healthy weight and size!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I am sure you look great! And, YES, there is plenty of time for you to "grow" :) Wait until those last 6 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when a certain someone called me 'fat' when I was 7 or 8 months prego. I was both shocked and disappointed in that person and still after 2 years it bothers me! Listen to your docs and nobody else :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some baby's just like smaller playgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks friends!! And um, when you are pregnant (or ever, really), I am not sure 'fat' can even be a term of use. Like we need THAT when already feeling big! xoxo

    ReplyDelete