Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Call me a blog slacker..

Eeks, it's been a while since I posted! January has quickly gotten away from me--y'all too???!! I have been so busy at work and we're kicking off a stellar year so far--selling out a number of programs this month already:) Yay Center for Women!! Let's hope January is an insight to the rest of 2011 for this great organization..

There seems to be a hamster wheel of ideas & thoughts going through my head--not sure why this wheel ceases to rest. I love being motivated and busy, but sheesh, at times it's been hard to wind down.
                                                 
I was talking with different ladies over the course of this week & the same theme came up at least in 3 of my conversation: Work/Life Balance. I could go on & on about this, but we all seemed to agree that it constantly changes--it's an ever-evolving goal. What might work one week/month, might not work the next because of 'x.' That's why we women learn to become much more flexible with children!!

         Wherever you are – be all there.             Jim Elliot

We also make every effort to not bring work home or do other things when it's playtime. When we're at work, we work. When we're home with Mollie, we're with her. End of story. I've found myself ignoring this a few times, whether it was to clean the house, return a phone call, etc. Alas, I am only with her for a short period between work and her bedtime & Matt and I need to make the most of it. I can always do those things mentioned after she goes to bed...or during nap-time on the weekend!           
                         

I remember weeks ago when Mollie was waking up pretty early my AM routine before work was totally different than what it is now. You learn to adjust. Adapt. Things change. As much as I like a schedule and prefer to know what's to come at all times, there has to be some wiggle room as I've quickly learned from a little munchkin:) Mollie is just a delight & getting more fun by the day. I'm still in shock is going on 7 months next Sunday. o.m.g. how is that possible?!

Still loving our walks, cold weather & all!




Matt says this hat makes her look like a Russian baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment