Mollie arrived to us on July 6, 2010 at 10:42 AM. She weighed in at 6 lbs, 6 oz and 19 inches long!
We could not be more in love and can already see the start of our little family blooming!
Thanks for your continued love and support ~Leigh Ann, Matt & Mollie

Monday, December 20, 2010

Santa's on his way!

We've been having such a ball decorating for the holidays, shopping, listening to Christmas tunes & eating sweets...and Christmas isn't even here yet! I realized very early on in Mollie's life that I was going to be shopping for her more often than myself! Now with our first gift-giving holiday upon us, I realized that it's not just me. I have in turn given gifts based on Mollie to possibly everyone on both sides of our family. Example: Matt received a new stroller. I know what you all are thinking, 'a stroller?!' Oh joy. But he loved it, as I knew he would!! For the record, he also got other 'cool' stuff so don't poke fun at me. My sister Julie, told me I was lame..maybe so, but I've come to accept it, haha! Don't worry Julie, I didn't get you anything a stroller:)

I love my new stroller, too!
This past weekend we hosted Matt's parents (GiGi & Poppy) and did our Christmas with them. M could not get enough of their dog, Raleigh. She thought he was a hoot and just wanted to keep grabbing at the fur ball!



Not only do I purchase things to give based around Mollie, but we also receive! Not that I can think of anything I'd rather get than things for her, but it is pretty funny:) Although, maybe a nice spa day certificate thrown in for me is awesome- thank you Matt, you're the best! One gift from Matt says 'To: Leigh Ann' and inside is a Lands End tote with Mollie's initials. Another says 'From: Santa' and it's a steamer basket for making Mollie's food--actually that one was FROM Matt TO Matt, in reality! Sneaky..
GiGi & Poppy gave her a sweet new high chair seat, which we of course put to use that day. Special on the menu that day: Avocado--her new favorite! The girl ate 1/2 an avocado Saturday and the other 1/2 Sunday! Yummm I adore them too.
Lil bird

Matt, Mollie and I are all headed in the direction of Beech Mountain, NC (just outside of Boone) this Thursday. Mom, Dad & Jane have been there for a few days and Julie & Stephen are arriving today! They arrived with 4+ft of snow on the ground and it's not going anywhere. We can't wait...forecast is calling for snow mid-week and then big time on Friday. Yayyy for a White Christmas! We're keeping our fingers crossed & how cool for M's 1st Christmas!! I look forward to snuggling in with all of my favorite people, laughing, making memories and cooking yummy stuff.

Merry Christmas to you & your family. Have a blessed holiday and safe New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment